Sunday, October 16, 2011

Outta This World

JR's school has a fun run for a fundraiser every year.

They have to have a fun run since (And Texans, the following are all seriously true, told to Cassidy by a teacher at the school):
-They can't sell magazines since paper is bad for the environment.
-They can't sell cinnamon rolls or other food products (that sell well) because they're unhealthy and make you fat.
-So the kids run since it's good for their physical fitness/Durango-ness.
(Okay, okay, so the teacher didn't say 'Durango-ness'.)


Maybe next year they'll strap trash to the kids' backs and make them run to the recycling center. A true win/win for everybody wouldn't you say?

Anyway, this year's theme was outer space and I promised myself I would not buy any costuming for the event. 
And I didn't!

This came straight out of the kids' prop closet, my leftover craft supplies, and a Halloween goody box my mom sent.

That's Kyle's Mexican wrestler mask we picked up on our cruise, an "eyeball" made out of a white squishy ball, and a fuzzy pom-pom pipe cleaner arrangement.
Add the crazy glasses my mom sent underneath, and you've got "the best alien in the class", as JR put it.

I even safety pined the top portion on so the alien mask can go right back to Mexican wrestler in a snap.

Cause with this pack of boys you never know when you'll need to be an alien, Mexican wrestler, or Smurfette.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one. I'm with JR..best in the class. MR