Thursday, December 20, 2012

This Elf Needs to Go Home

I know you're all dying to know what our Elf on the Shelf has been up to this week.
Um, not a whole lot.
 
 
There are tons of ideas online this year, but most involve supplies I don't have, elaborate poses my elf can't do (I'm too cheap to buy the "official" elf, and I don't want to ruin my antique one), or the elf makes huge messes that I'm not interested in cleaning up.
 
 
I also can't seem to remember to actually move the thing.
Just as I'm about to fall asleep every night I suddenly remember I haven't moved it.
I then find myself sleepily roaming around a dark house looking for the fastest non-lame place to stash him.
 
 
(And I've been known to forget completely, and then have to make up some pitiful story about how the elf must be really comfortable right there.)
 
 
But, thankfully, I do have these that I did in the non wee hours of the morning.


I thought this one was awesome.
What Texan wouldn't find a reindeer riding like a dog in the back of a pick-up hilarious?
My kids.
 
I keep forgetting just how non-Texan they are.
Dogs in Colorado ride in the car.  (Preferably shot-gun and with a seat belt.) 
They don't see dogs in the back of pick-ups on a daily basis. 
Come to think of it, they don't see a lot of pick-ups.
 
 
 
I did this one in a desperate attempt to put the candles I overbought to good use.

I've only got to move this thing 4 or 5 more times.
I think I can. I think I can.

No comments: