Monday, December 10, 2012

Real Elves

Before the big party on Saturday, I spent part of the afternoon with the boys as they played elves at one of the local nursing homes.
 
JR's 4-H group sang, and gave out cards and candy to the residents.
 
I thought this was a wonderful service! I personally think our elderly citizens, especially nursing home residents, are such a neglected demographic.
 
I brought Kyle and Reed along since they are such a big hit when they go sing at the nursing home with my parents.
 
 
JR sang the loudest.



Kyle was a great candy giver.


And Reed was the master of the hugs.
(The most important job of all!)


The 4-H group, plus Kyle and Reed.  JR's the only boy in the group. 
All these girls have projects like cake decorating and knitting.
JR's project? .22 rifle shooting sports.
 
 
But hey, they love having a boy, and I'm not sure he's even noticed he's the only one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So proud of the boys. I like their Santa shirts. MR