Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Spectacular

When telling personal anecdotes, I seem to always be saying "I couldn't make this stuff up".
So, I figured I'd do a little recap of some of our more absurd highlights of the year.
 
 
January
The highlight of Kyle and Reed's birthday party was experiencing the hilarity of 77 mph winds in a hurricane simulator.



February
Something I never thought I'd witness: JR shares his food in an act of Valentine's Day brotherly love.



March
While visiting my parents, we saw first hand that lightning and gas don't play nice together.
 
 

April
My first (and last) sighting of The Lobster Zone
(Catch a lobster, he's yours to eat!)



May
Elvis serenaded me at the Bolder Boulder.



June
I spent an afternoon babysitting a chick that lost its mother.
(Or more accurately, I babysat a chick that was chased down and caught by my Wild Ones til its mom thought the coast was clear and came back.)



July
We had a "celebrity" encounter on the square in Crockett, Texas.
 
 
 
August
It was touch and go between Kyle and a peacock.
 
 
 
September
Giant stacks of onion rings are the new cookie bouquet.
 


October
Second "celebrity" sighting of the year.
(3rd if you count Elvis.)



 November
We spent Thanksgiving with a one-eyed dog.



December
The kids still didn't behave, and I kept forgetting to move the elf. 
I think he should visit for about a week next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a year. MR