Monday, August 7, 2017

All Rested Up

Jason and I snuck off to Kyle, TX (which is halfway between Austin and New Braunfels) this past weekend.

I found a little place called Sage Hill Inn that had great reviews, so we booked a last minute trip to go check it out.

When I say "little"  I mean it, it only has 16 rooms!
(It's so cute...totally worth googling and looking at the pictures.) 



We got there late Friday afternoon and had dinner.  


We knew just where to sit.


As luck would have it, Cassidy and Cassie were in New Braunfels for the weekend to go to the Miranda Lambert concert, so we went down there to meet up with them for a few hours.


On Saturday we got up and took a "hike"...but it was really more of a walk on "hiking trails". But here's the proof we did it.

We hung out at the pool and had a massage (Jason fell asleep during it...he claims he didn't, but his snoring gave him away.)

And since dinner was a choice of beet ravioli (I don't think I like beets) or rabbit (I am absolutely not eating a rabbit) we headed over to The Salt Lick for dinner since it was only about 7 miles away!

We got there at 4:30, and still had to wait 30 minutes for a table...but it was worth it.


Then we came back for a pretty awesome sunset.


It was a super fun, relaxing weekend and I absolutely loved where we stayed.  I'd go back anytime!

No comments: