So while we were basketballing Granny Sherry and Kyle were in Dallas diving.
They left after lunch on Friday, drove up and got there in time for some dinner and some warm up dives.
It was an early 6:30 am warm up start for them on Saturday.
Granny was sending me updates on Kyle's scores while Reed was playing.
In turn, I would scream up the scores to my parents and Gary (and call Jason who was running the clock/scoreboard) during time-outs.
And for a visual, I was sitting pretty much where I'm standing (I made those posters, of course) and you can see my parents in black and Gary walking up to them on the right hand side.
By the time the game started all those seats had filled up...so the whole section knew Kyle was diving and doing a good job.
Kyle is now diving in the 10-12 age group and got 4th place (out of 8 kids).
He said he was 3rd going in to his last dive and he thinks one of the judges scored him low so the kid he was coaching could pass him up. Looking at the score sheets, he might be right.
He got 5.5 and 6's from the other judges and that one gave him a 4. Hummmm....
He did amazing on his back dive tuck and inward dives (I so wish I could have seen him!) scoring between 6.0-7.0 from every judge on those!
Kyle was so happy with his diving and we were so proud of him.
I'm so thankful I had Sherry to take him this weekend so all the kids in the family were able to do the things they wanted too.



No comments:
Post a Comment