Thursday, March 1, 2018

Old Days

I felt like I was back teaching 7th grade science (a million years ago) as I volunteered to help Kyle and Reed's classes dissect sheep brains last Friday.

Kyle's class was first, and one of the kids in Kyle's group almost passed out.  I've never seen anything like it.  He's one of the tallest boys in their class and as soon as we turned the corner he started complaining about the smell.  (I think I have a strong sense of smell and it didn't even bother me).  He walked up to the table, turned white, and went and sat down on a bench with his head between his legs the entire time.  

The rest of the kids in my group loved it, I even had 2 girls that were totally in to it.


Here you can see how small the sheep brain is.  Which says a lot about sheep. 


The writing on Kyle's arm is so he would know the order of his dives since he was leaving for Dallas right after this. 






After what I saw with Kyle's group I was expecting a kid to go down in Reed's class.  But Reed's little group all LOVED it.  No fainters in this bunch for sure!






No comments: