Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's All About...JR

We're in full swing of Week JR around here. "Week JR?" you ask. Oh yes, it's not enough to celebrate JR's birthday on the actual day(which is Thursday), we must extend his day of days throughout the whole week. Today was "take cupcakes to school to celebrate" day. (Thursday is the last day of school and graduation is tomorrow, so today was the only day left.) When I asked His Royal Birthday Highness what kind of cupcakes he wanted me to bring he informed me that he wanted Transformers for the boys and Barbies for the girls. (Um, thinking about the ladies feelings already...way to go JR!) The local Walmart down the street didn't have anything Barbie for the girls, so I came home with Hannah Montana.
Me: "JR, I couldn't find Barbie, so I got Hannah Montana instead. Is that okay?"
JR:" Um, let me see."
I show him the Hannah Montana party favors.
JR: "Oh yes! I think they will like Hannah Montana very much. Daddy, Mommy got the girls Hannah Montana, not Barrrrbie."
I arrived at school at 1:00 P.M. sharp armed with Transformer and H.M. cupcakes. They liked the cupcakes, but not near as much as they liked the blowout horns I brought. I guess I should have known they would do this...the kids started blowout horn fighting with each other immediately. During one of the fights, I heard Miracle scream, "My eye!" I was sure it was all over then, but luckily, she recovered quickly. There's only 2 more days of school left and I showed up with blowout horns, how bad do you think JR's teachers hate me? Oops, sorry teachers!

3 comments:

Me Me Me said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JR!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the crown - "King for a day" or rather in JR's case, King for a week or more likely until next year same time!! How about we just keep celebrating every day until you're 18!!

Happy Birthweek JR!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday JR.
Love..."Aunt" Lu