Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Did It

Even after all my miles back and forth from Beijing, I had never flown all by myself. ( JR always kept me company for those 24 hour jaunts.) But today I changed that.

Sure it was just the quick flight from Durango to Denver, but this nervous flyer did it!
And they pretty much pulled out all the stops to make me as nervous as possible.
First, the weight distribution wasn't right, so they had to send everybody in the front to the back.
Then the pilot came on and said we had to sit there while the instruments warmed up since they were all frozen. And finally, a nice spray down from the de-icer.

At this point all I needed was for a mechanic to get on with a wrench in his hand to have a little chat with the pilot. (That actually happened on a flight Jason and I were on from Dallas to Houston.)

But, I'm here, and I've met up with Jason.
Next stop, Reno!

No comments: