Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Cartooning

I figured I finally better get to writing about the cruise. So here goes...
 
 Jason and I said many times our kids were the exact perfect ages for this trip.  Everyone got to do exactly what they wanted, when they wanted. 
 
 
So I'll start with the youngest and work up. 
 
This is my favorite picture of Reed.  Yes, he's wearing a tuxedo that he picked out and had me buy for him special for formal night. 
(I also think he looks like he's Jason's ventriloquist doll.)
 
 


 
All of the kids had one thing in common.  Seeing the characters was at the bottom of their lists.  There were way too many fun things to do besides stand in line for pictures, so the character pictures we did get were ones when the kids just happened by at the end of a greeting when there were only 2 or less people in line. (If there were more than 2 people they refused to wait.) 
 
I also don't have any pictures of all 3 of them with a character because they were hardly ever all together.

 Here JR and Reed ran in to Woody after being at the pool.



Reed loved the pool and the kids' club, but what he loved more than anything was going to animation class. This class was really more for tweens and up, but Reed went to class and participated just like he was an adult. 
(I went with him just in case, but he would have been just fine without me.)
 
 
His first class was Donald Duck (he actually did go to this specific class in the kids' club).
 
 
They give you pencils without erasers which just about killed Reed, but I guess people would erase and redo and never finish the class.  So whatever you put down on paper the first time is what you walk away with.
 
 
Our first class together was Buzz Lightyear.  They said this is the hardest character they teach because he's a person and not an animal (and people are harder to draw than animals).  Reed couldn't stand the guidelines on the paper, so he used his own eraser and got rid of them when we got back to the room. (You can see where he erased them.)
 
 
 
We also went to a Pooh and Tigger class. 
I was feeling pretty good about my Pooh until I looked at how good Reed's is!
 
 
Tigger is supposed to be one of the easier ones, but you can see Reed and I both had trouble with his chin...and since you don't have an eraser, it just had to stay that way. 
 
 
 
When I asked the kids what their very favorite thing was from the whole week, Reed said the drawing classes. 
He even continued to draw Disney characters on the way home!
 

No comments: