Thursday, June 26, 2014

Not a lot of Him

I have to be real honest, I didn't see a whole lot of JR on the cruise.
 
As an 11 year old, he was able to go the tween club, and even more exciting (for him especially) he could check himself in and out of it, which basically means he could do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted while he was on the boat.
 
 
He came back to the room each evening to go to the nightly show and dinner, but other than that he did his own thing. (And as soon as he was done eating dinner, off he went.)


He'd head off to "the club" and say, "I'm going to improv class" or "I'm going to a cooking class".  He stayed out every night until 1:00 AM when they shut down.  (I know!)

 
 
But it's not like we didn't ever see him throughout the day.
We'd run in to him at the pool

and around the boat


and I could always count on running in to him picking up a spicy chicken sandwich
(I think he ate at least 3 a day).


But we gave him a lot of freedom to do his own thing, and we were very proud of how he handled it.

No comments: