Friday, November 21, 2008

Army Ants

When JR was 10 months old, we were already living in China and I remember that he would watch TV. I distinctly remember him watching his Count With Me Sesame DVD in the hotel at 3 A.M. the first night we arrived...love that jet lag. Kyle and Reed are so much different than JR. My mom says "they're like army ants, they just take down everything in sight!" And they really do. They'll stop and watch Sesame Street for about 2 minutes, and then it's on to something else. As you can see, I caught them watching it the other day. You'll also notice I have an ottoman pushed in front of the TV cabinet. That's because they completely ignored all their toys and only played the super fun game "open and shut the cabinet doors and pull out all the DVDs". Kyle's now favorite game of "swing the big doors and duck my head as the door goes over it" is also a big hit...literally. It's a huge "hit" since Reed doesn't always know when Kyle's playing and doesn't always know when to duck! Of course I'm not upset that they prefer playing to watching TV. Here's the way I see them most days, standing at the table scanning the room deciding what they're going to "take down" next. And even though their little TV watching butts are super cute, I'd much rather see (and then chase) those little smiling faces!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh! I absolutely LOVE IT when my kids play "pull out all the DVDs"!!! (note sarcasm)

Anonymous said...

what adorable "army ants". Looking forward to seeing you for Thanksgiving and bringing those reindeer cookies that look like Jack!
Lu

Anonymous said...

Look at that hair!! Looks like its grown a lot in just a week. MR