Friday, November 14, 2008

HSM3

I went to the movies with JR tonight. There were a couple age appropriate movies showing and much to my delight he picked out: High School Musical 3. He really likes the "High School Music Kids" and points out all their "products" whenever we see them in the stores. His Ayi sent him HSM and HSM2 from China, so it was an extra treat that he got to see tonight's feature in English! We went to the 5:00 showing, so thankfully there was only one other family in the movie theater since JR likes to give me a play-by-play of what's happening on the screen.
"Mommy! Sharpay has two lockers and they're pink!"
"Mommy! Ryan has on pink pants...ha!ha!ha! He's so silly! Pink pants!"
"Mommy! The boy with the crazy hair (Corbin Bleu) is so good at basketball."
It went on like this for almost half the movie. But at that point, JR started loosing his attention span since The High School Musical Kids are neither cartoons nor superheros. So, for the last half of the movie he asked me:
"Are they about to graduate?"
"Have they graduated yet?"
"When are they going to graduate?"
It was a cute movie although I would have cut one or two more of the sappy, slow songs, added more Ryan and Sharpy (they really are funny), And a few more scenes of Zac Efron without his shirt would have been fine too. Wow! How old my I? and How old is he?

No comments: