Monday, November 3, 2008

The Traveling Ingys are Good Baptists

If you're a regular around here then you know we real Ingys made a trip to South Carolina this summer. We didn't make it as far as North Carolina, but recently my cousins, Lu, Kristi, and Sarah went to Asheville, NC for their annual Mother-Daughter Weekend. We Traveling Ingys hadn't been out in awhile so we were happy to go along to check out the "changing of the leaves". I'm super excited we got to make the trip since, yet again, we went someplace I didn't even know existed. On the way up to Asheville, my cousins stopped in Charlotte to tour the Billy Graham Library. Now for us Baptist, Billy Graham definitely has rock star status. Other denominations can lay claim to him too...My mom's a "dyed in the wool" Presbyterian, mention the name 'Billy Graham' and she's quick to point out that his wife, Ruth, was also a Presbyterian. Kristi, who was married at the Methodist church, reports that the whole place was "fabulous" and "stunning". I'm a little embarrassed to say that I didn't know Billy Graham had a library, (I sure won't be telling that around Sunday School) but thrilled to know the Baptist are keeping things 'fabulous' and 'stunning'. Here we are outside the library at the foot of the glass cross. The library website says it best: everyone who enters the doors "encounters the story of a man who made it his life’s work to tell history’s most powerful story—that God loves all of us and invites us to experience that love through His Son, Jesus Christ." Woo-Hoo, Billy Graham!

No comments: