Friday, April 9, 2010

Tigers, and Demons, and Baseball...Oh My!

JR loves being a Cub Scout. Like crazy, insane loves it. (JR loves to win, so I think he thinks he's "winning" all these patches he's earning.) He's going to the high school baseball game with his den this afternoon, and that will complete everything they need to do to earn their tiger badge. He has been so excited about this baseball game (And yes, he's been to see the Astros play a few times and hardly looked at the field) that we even had to pray for the game last night.
As prayers were over JR said, "Mommy can I add to prayers?"
Me: Sure
JR: Dear Lord, We pray that the Durango Demons baseball team will be the winners tomorrow, and they will beat the other team, and always be the winners.
(I'm thinking we should have actually prayed for Durango to change their mascot. I can't think of a worse mascot than the "demons". Ugh!)

Then, this morning at 6:30, I heard the elephant thud of JR's feet hitting the floor. Five seconds later my head was on the receiving end of a pile driver as JR landed atop my pillow. Jason was about to walk out the door, and in quick self defense mode I said, "Hurry! Go find your daddy." A few elephant thuds down the hall later I heard:
JR: Hi Daddy!
Jason: Hi JR, What are you doing up so early?
JR: DADDY! I GET TO GO TO THE DURANGO DEMONS BASEBALL GAMES THIS AFTERNOON, AND THEN I GET TO BE A TIGER, AND A WOLF, AND A BOBCAT! I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T SLEEP!
Jason: Well Buddy, I don't think all those things are going to happen at 6:30 in the morning.

Yeah, we're just a little excited about this afternoon. And when I say "we", I completely and totally mean "only JR".

1 comment:

GS said...

My goodness, what can tomorrow bring if Friday is that exciting! I can totally hear that conversation between JR and Dad - so typical.