Friday, April 16, 2010

Fun New Games

Tears and hysterics were already abounding by 9:00 AM today. (I remember because I looked at my watch thinking surely it's almost lunch time.) I decided "we" needed to burn off some energy, so we took a little walk around the neighborhood. We brought DeDe along with us, (You might know him by his former name, Hunter. Reed and Kyle started calling him DeDe so that's what he gets called most of the time now.) and they actually were quite willing to share the leash. DeDe might be a fluffy Bichon, but he still weighs more than they do, so he's a lot of work for them. They played many rounds of their new favorite game, Throwing Rocks at the Stop Sign Because it Makes a Really Cool Sound. Unfortunately, they aren't tall enough to hit the sign, so they're really just throwing them at the post...and each other. I was quite sure we were going to have a David and Goliath moment as the rocks were ricocheting about. (Or at least another trip to the hospital.) So to entice them away, I promised them we'd play their other new favorite game when we got home. And before you look at these pictures, please remember we really do have more toys than I even want to think about. I promise, Grandmothers, this is what they want to do. I call this game: Moving Winter On Outta Here.

5 comments:

GS said...

I guess that means they are ready for spring also. Whatever keeps them busy and happy and if moving snow around does it, hey sounds like fun to me. I have this vision of Hunter, excuse me, DeDe (this may take awhile to get used to) going just about anywhere he wants to and dragging them along.

Hours said...

Jan, you crack me up!! And you're boys look JUST like you!!!

Anonymous said...

Just checking to see if my comments work yet? MR

Joseph said...

when i was younger and living on easy street (literally), i was playing in my neighborhood with my brother and one of his friends and we would toss rocks over cars for fun... until we hit one and he slammed on the breaks and got out and screamed at us. I literally thought he was speaking another language but as i look back i realize he was just cussing us out! So... basically don't let the aggie twins do that

Anonymous said...

Joseph, I use to live on Easy Street literally when I was 18 , but I still wanted to throw rocks. Margaret