Friday, June 3, 2011

Little Iron Horses Year 2

Sooo, Here's the sitch on my computer.
Long story short, they can't fix it.
I can sort-of blog, but my email doesn't work.
I figure I better get this post out into blogland before my computer decides it doesn't feel like doing that either.

I pretty much complain about the bicyclers on the roads of Durango nonstop.
If they wouldn't break the law, (i.e. riding side by side so I have to risk my life pulling into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting them) I wouldn't roll my eyes and complain so much.
Kyle is so used to them he rolls down the window and screams 'Excuuuuuse Meeeeee!' whenever we see some. (Which is about every 2 seconds.)

But if the bicycle community wants to let my babies race down Main Street and give them medals, well, I can probably stop complaining about them for a day or so.

This was Kyle and Reed's second year to compete in the Sprite Kid's Iron Horse Race and they knew exactly what to expect. 
Just look at those pre-race game faces!

Reed left nothing to chance. 
He was sure to inspect his "vintage" tires before the race.

And yes, Reed's "vintage" tricycle (as the announcer called it) was mine when I was his age.

Kyle chose JR's old (but certainly not vintage) Go, Diego, Go trike for his race day.

And just in case you were wondering, MY tricycle beat Go, Diego, Go!

The medals were exciting...

but not as awesome as winning a free Sprite.

Post race photo-op with friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S a great race! Nothing like a "vintage" tricycle to bring a little class to a race. MR

GS said...

Looks like lots of determined little ones - how fun and cute pictures. Love their expressions, they tell it all.

Anonymous said...

Vintage is fun! and the boys are too cute....
Lu

Kimberly Beach said...

Loving it! Those guys are great!

Unknown said...

They are so cute. Love the trike!

Friedt Family said...

Take that Diego:-) And of course free soda tops everything, what better than a cold one after a long race:-)