Monday, March 3, 2008

Jason's Out of Town- We All Fall Apart

Look at these sweet little faces....


Do these look like the faces of babies who have cried all night and day? If you guessed "Yes" then
congratulations...You're Right! The nonstop crying started at the 3 AM feeding this morning. Reed actually went back to sleep for awhile, but Kyle never did. After I had watched the 3:30 and 4:00AM showing of The Andy Griffith Show with Kyle in my arms not asleep, I knew it was not a good sign. (On a side note, my mom's favorite TV show of all time is Andy Griffith, and the episodes I watched last night, were actually funny.) At 4:30 both babies went into the crib, and let's just say, it was not good. When their 6 AM feeding rolled around they both acted like they were just going to take 2 sips and fall asleep. I actually said out loud to them, "Oh No You Don't!" They did sleep this morning after 6, but have both been awake all day since 11. My mom and I are both just worn out from holding them.

On top of all that, right before JR was getting out of school I got a call from his teacher. Every time I see "Spring Branch ISD" on the Caller ID my heart races in fear of what JR has done to somebody. But poor JR had gotten his thumb slammed in the classroom door. He had gone to the nurse and was still crying when his teacher called me. He came off the bus so pitiful looking with his bag of ice on his thumb. His thumb does have a red mark on the nail where the door hit him. He wanted "medicine and a bandage" from me, and those seem to have made him feel better. (I wasn't sure what "medicine" I was supposed to put on it. My mom suggested just rubbing some lotion on it, but I grabbed the Neosporin out of habit.)

Then, to wrap it all up, I burned myself on the hot glue gun while trying to glue a decorative Easter bunny back together. I'm actually still hurting, and if Jason was here I would have probably thrown myself on the floor and screamed just to show off. He always says I'm like the professional basketball players who pretend their hurt when trying to foul somebody. What a day indeed!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Well, I don't have anything to say to make it all seem better, so ((HUGS)). Hope today is the opposite!

Anonymous said...

I plan on coming by to take JR to hockey tonight - do you think his thumb will be well enough to play???

Hope your day is going better today.

Granny Sherry

Lu said...

I love the new pix of your boys "that cried all night". They are growing so fast! You will have to update your blog photo frequently or we will not recognize Kyle and Reed. Too bad about JR's thumb in the door!