Thursday, September 9, 2010

Weather Channel

When it comes to weather occurrences I thought I'd experienced most of them: tornadoes, hurricanes (if you've lived on the Texas coast you've been through both), the tail end of a typhoon in the Philippines, a sand storm in Beijing that left Jason and I voiceless for almost a month, and most recently...snow storms (I'm not sure I can actually call the storms this past winter 'blizzards'. In my book they were, but I'm not sure the Durangoans would give any of those an official 'blizzard' title.)

But today was a completely new one for me. I grabbed my phone to take a picture thinking, "Oh look, the clouds are making the mountains look like they're on fire." But then in a few seconds we were actually in those clouds. I've never been in a cloud before (except in an airplane) and it was pretty weird. Kyle and Reed even noticed. The whole thing didn't last more than a minute or so, but it was long enough for Reed to say, "Mommy, we're in a cloud!" and Kyle to say, "Mommy! What's happening?!" I took these pictures from my phone while I was driving, so needless to say, they're pretty bad...but hopefully it gives you an idea.










And then we popped right back out into clear, blue skies....

2 comments:

GS said...

That is when you really know you are living in the mountains - it doesn't happen in Texas. Closest to it would be fog and that is truly NOT 'in the clouds'.

Joseph said...

um, were you driving and taking pictures? that's really not safe/I do the same thing