Wednesday, August 3, 2011

'Cause You're Hot Then You're Cold

We had a blast the other day at what I lovingly refer to as "The Fancy Schmancy Club" up at Purgatory (or Durango Mountain Resort or whatever they're calling it these days).


I so love this picture, it's not often you get to see a swimming pool and ski lifts in the same shot!


We tried to get all the kids...there's still a few missing.



When Jason saw this picture you'd think he'd tell me how happy he is to be married to somebody as fabulous as me. 
Instead he said, "Is your hat big enough?!  Where'd you get that thing?"
Men. *Sigh*


Maddox, JR, and Steven warming up in the hot tub.
Yes Texans, 'warming up'.
You can't actually go swimming here without getting a little frost bite.


And I was totally thrilled to see that two things are still just as popular as they were when I was a kid (which was just a few years ago):


 The George Washington Roll Hair never goes out of style.

And the classic Waterslide Train is still a crowd favorite.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Not to be a copycat, but where DID you get that hat? For reals. I need one.

Anonymous said...

Love the hat. It would come in handy here today. 108* in the shade. MR

Kimberly Beach said...

San Diego Hat Company - I have a sister to it. They make fun of me, too!