Monday, August 15, 2011

B Squared

I'm just warning you up front, this post is nothing more than blatant bragging.
I'm not trying to disguise it, dress it up in a funny story, or be sly about it.
It is what it is: Blatant Bragging.

We picked up the kids ribbons from the fair yesterday (we didn't actually go to the fair since we'd been in Phoenix since Thursday) and they were really excited. 

JR received ribbons for everything he entered, including a blue ribbon for his latch hook pillow.
Kyle also "won" a blue ribbon for his painting.

But Reed...
Reed stole the show.

That's a blue ribbon, Reserve Champion ribbon, and the People's Choice Award!

People's Choice?
You have got to be kidding me.

We weren't even in town to vote for him.
And anybody I know well enough to call to go vote for him was in Phoenix with me!
I couldn't believe it.

Along with his big fancy ribbon, the People's Choice Award also came with a backpack.

And an art set. 
(I didn't ask JR to get in this picture, he's really proud of Reed, too.)


And, yes, I'm totally being THAT mom over all of this.

I cleared one of our shelves to display my new favorite work of art!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about! How quickly did you have to go and buy another back pack and art set. Could Reed's smile have been any bigger?? Little Jan?? MR

Anonymous said...

Whoppeity do, Hurrah for Reed! That is great--truly a people's choice Reserve Grand Champion award! Congratulations!
Lu

GS said...

Kudos to all the kids for great accomplishments - being a little prejudice I am sure, but I must say, that is one really great duck picture - Good Job Guys!