Tuesday, August 9, 2011

More Biking...But This Time It's All About ME!!!!

I finally accompanied the family on a bike ride the other day. 

(You might remember the last time I tried to ride my bike it was a sad and sorry situation...to say the least.)

Jason had been riding with the boys and was making Hunter run alongside on a leash.
Hunter's really the more sit on your lap/lay in the bed on a pillow kind of a dog, so I told Jason to give him to me.

Poor Hunter. 
Since lap sitting and bed laying don't really burn that many calories, he wasn't able to fit in my basket.

So, of course, I set him in JR's old baby seat.

Jason looked at me like I'd lost my mind, and then went on and on about what a bad idea that was, how he was going to jump out and break his legs, this was going to end really badly....yada, yada, yada.

I told Jason my dog growing up, Misty, rode like that her whole life.
My dad never took my baby seat off the back of his bike because Misty rode in it.

(And if you know me really well and are thinking, "I thought Puff was Jan's dog? Misty was the poodle we had before Puff. )

And, I'm still waiting for Jason's, "Okay. You were right."
Because Hunter did a fantastic job riding around the neighborhood.
He even had some people stop, point, and giggle at him.
Just add Hunter and me to the list of crazy things you can see around Durango.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea. Misty rode every bike trail in Kingwood in the baby seat. MR

Anonymous said...

How fun for Hunter!
Lu

GS said...

He looks right at home and jumping out seems to be the last thing on his mind.