Monday, October 22, 2012

Sidewalk Smackdown

I've just started back running after taking waaayyyy too long of a break.
It was slightly chilly this morning, so I was wearing pants and gloves.
 
Now you might be wondering why I'm telling you about my running attire.
Oh no reason...just that my accessory choices saved my life.
 
 
Okay, so maybe they didn't save my life, but they did keep me from crying.
 
 
I had just turned on to the street behind ours, and was looking ahead at a car pulling out of a driveway (and, let's be honest, thinking about Christmas decorations).
 
 
I guess I tripped on a crack in the sidewalk because all of sudden I was airborne.
 
Yep, I had one of those falls:
Face first, spread eagle, wonder I didn't knock all my teeth out, cell phone hit the ground and flew into a million pieces fall.
 
 
After I gathered myself back up, it literally took me a minute to figure out what to do next. 
It happened right in front of my friend, Debbie's, house, so I gave serious thought to barging in on her and making her feel sorry for me.
 
 
But, I figured I make my own kids get up and shake it off when they fall down, so I better do the same.


My hands still hurt, but the gloves kept them from loosing any skin.
My right knee also came out fairly unscathed. (Thank you, pants!)
 
 
But the left knee didn't fair as well.

I can only imagine how sore I'm going to be tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO SORRY! Bless your heart. MR

Angie Vik said...

I'm so sorry. After falling recently myself, I can certainly relate and feel your pain. I too was so thankful to be wearing pants as it kept less skin from scraping off. Hopefully road rash is the least of your worries. Also hope you didn't hurt your knee any worse. If you did, I can share all the things I'm having to do take care of my knee.