Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Howl at the Moon

Friday night was the kids' school's fund raiser. 
It was a fun run, and let me tell ya, I'm all for anything that keeps me from having to sell wrapping paper, cookie dough, or ask anybody else for money.
 
 
I'm guessing the school really pumped the kids up because all of mine were counting down the days until "the big race".
 
 
 
Their mascot is the coyote (appropriate since there are plenty around these parts) so they had the race Friday evening/night and called it Howl at the Moon.  Cute.
 
 
 
Jason ran the 1 mile race with Kyle and Reed



There were about 5 of the Pre K kids running the 1 mile (which I thought was super impressive for 4 year olds) including one of their favorite school friends, Liam. 
 (That's their teacher, Mrs. Sue, smiling in the background.)


No wonder Kyle and I get along so well,  I always wave to any cameras I see while running too.


Here they come around the last corner.
You'll notice Kyle's a bit in the lead, which is very unusual.)


In the home stretch they were racing our 5th grade neighbor, who they wound up beating.
(And have reminded me of every few minutes since it happened.)



The official results say both Kyle and Reed had a time of 15:11, but they have Kyle placing 176 and Reed 177. 
And as the picture shows,  it was Kyle who just edged out Reed.



After the 1 mile race, JR and I ran the 5k. 
He was excited about the race, but most excited about our headlamps (a race requirement).


As we started out, he told me his goal was to be able to run the whole thing. (I didn't think it would be possible at all.) But just in case, I kept us at a super slow jog pace. 
 
 
3 miles under our belts and coming toward the finish with our head lamps a shinning.


And with a time of 42.44 he made it without walking. 
We came, we ran, we howled!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would howl also if I could run a 5k. I'm so proud of you, JR and Kyle and Reed. MR

Angie Vik said...

Looks like The Ingpire did themselves proud at the race. Good job everyone.