Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Thought This Was My Thing

I found it extremely amusing that Jason's office was going to a canvas and cocktails type place for their team building.
Even the instructor commented that she'd never had such a large group of guys!
 
 
Don't get me wrong, I find nothing wrong with guys being artistic.  The funny part is Jason trying to be artistic.
 
 
We have firmly established husband and wife strengths in this house:
Jason: math, engineering, and culinary skills.
Me: language arts, dramatic arts, decorative arts.
 
Notice Jason's areas of expertise do not include the word "art".
 
 
 
Here's the instructor's version of the picture.


And Jason's version.

When I saw it I said, "Well, it's better than I thought it'd be.  But not as good as Reed could do."
(I know it might seem negative to compare him to a 4 year old, but it was actually quite complimentary.  Reed's artwork is good.)
 
Okay, so maybe I was a little too hard on him, since JR and Reed said, "Wow Daddy! Did you paint that? That's really good! I didn't know you were an artist!"
 
 
Kyle wasn't passing out the compliments as much as trying to figure out what time Daddy has "arts and crafts" at his office.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a funny story! I can just hear Kyle. MR

Angie Vik said...

I'm not an artist so my opinions don't count, but I think your husband's picture isn't bad for a first time. I like the bright colors and strong lines. Your comment that Reed could do better is pretty funny. Hopefully the team building aspect of the exercise despite how the pictures turned out.