Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 2, Injury 2

Camp day #2. JR injury #2. This injury wasn't visible when he got off the bus, but one of the high school counselors came over and said, "Um, JR kinda got hurt today. We cleaned it up, but I'm not sure if he needs stitches or not...it's still kinda bleeding, but I don't think you can put a band-aid on someones hair, ya know? He was upset for a few minutes, but he's cool now." And then Mountain Camp Counselor Dude shows me the top of JR's head. It really looks like a puncture, but you could probably classify it as a small gash. I'm still at a loss of how he actually hurt himself, but he insists he was "upside down on a rope ladder that was on a tree" and "the tree got him". Like Camp Dude, I also couldn't tell if he needed stitches or not. When we got home I did all the things one would normally do in a first-aid type situation: I emailed Jason a picture of the injury, I called my mom, then I asked my Facebook friends for their advice on stitches. But Hallelujah, just as my Facebook friends were weighing in, my across the street neighbor/pediatrician pulled in her driveway (from their family vacation....oh yeah, I'm sure she totally loves me). I ran JR outside for a driveway appointment. She said that if it was on his face he'd need a stitch for cosmetic reasons, but since it's in his hair, not to worry about it. What a week...can't wait to see what new body part I'll need the Neosporin for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Friedt Family said...

Yikes!! Sounds like Day Camp is set up to toughen up the kids:-) But really, what's an injury or two when you're having such a great time:-)

Anonymous said...

Puncture? Small gash? Arm skin burns? I don't know about JR, but Mountain Camp is killing me just hearing about it. Maw Maw

Anonymous said...

SO what is the name of this camp? 2 days 2 injuries! Camp Toughen Up.
Lu