Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fireworks!

JR put on quite the fireworks show for us this evening. Okay, so "sparkler show" would be a more accurate description. But whatever it was, it was full of JR flair and dramatics. Towards the end of the evening's performance my mom suggested we sing a 4th of July song. She then said, "How 'bout She'll be Commin' 'Round the Mountain?" Now you know I just couldn't let that one slip by. Me:"Um, I can think of about 300 more songs that are more appropriate for 4th of July than that one." Thankfully Sherry started singing God Bless America. After God Bless America, I broke into my own rendition of Proud to be an American. Now, I know my boogieing ability is second to none, but I had no idea I was such the songstress. As soon as I finished, coyotes started howling! Oh yes they did. And I'm quite certain that coyote howling is reserved for only the most fabulous of singing!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I am CRACKING UP!!! She'll be comin' round the mountain!!!! I LOVE it....love it!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a typical fun time at the Windy Hill Ranch for the 4th, sorry I missed it. Love y'all...Lu