Sunday, July 19, 2009

We're All Here...Hunter Too

Thankfully, today's ride was noneventful. Although Kyle never closed his eyes and Reed slept 20 minutes, the DVD player never stoped, and my mom kept feeding them juice, goldfish crackers, and vanilla wafers. So the only squeals we heard were for more fishy crackers. After Hunter's little shenanigans yesterday he was booted to the other car. (My dad and cousin, Quinn, followed us so I could have lots of help getting here.) But actually, the only nonscheduled stop we made was because of Hunter. According to the guys, Hunter was farting so bad they couldn't stand it any longer! So he had to make a few laps around a rest stop before he was allowed back in the car. We pulled in about 5:00 and my neighbor came by and said, "Ugh! You're home just in time for the heatwave!" We started laughing since we had just been talking about how nice and cool it was. It was nice to be in Texas, but it's nice to be back too....I'm not bicoastal, so does that make me bistate-al?

2 comments:

Granny S said...

Whatever you are, you adapt to any location very well and I know home had to feel good for all. There is nothing like your own things back around you and I am certain all the kids were glad for that. Dad being the happiest of all to have his family back home. And Hunts, a word of advice, next lunch stop on the road when you get to sneak out and order your own food, get your burger basket without the side of beans, they will getcha' every time.

Kristi said...

I honestly did LOL at that!