Friday, July 3, 2009

Tubing, My Way

When Jason was younger he had a tradition of tubing and camping at the Guadalupe River over 4th of July holiday. Personally, I can't think of anything worse. For you non-Texans, tubing the Guadalupe isn't what I'd call fun. It sounds like fun, but every single time I've ever been I would say to myself, "I'm never doing this again!" The water isn't the cleanest, it's a long ride down the river in the Texas heat, and the river is always filled with more Drunks than Sobers. Add to that mix a campout in a tent...in the heat. Um, no thanks. Thankfully I never had to be a part of that little tradition. The first year Jason and I were dating he spent 4th of July at a Hard Rock Cafe in Australia. And after that, the annual trip just fell apart (Woo-Hoo!) But with Jason in Colorado, he'll be happy to see that his family was reliving his old tradition the best we could. Of course we were nowhere near the Guadalupe, but I did take the kids swimming. Doesn't just having them in the water count?

JR's version of a Guadalupe River rope swing.


And you can see how excited the babies were about the duck floaty...that counts as an innertube, right?



Check out Kyle's face...I guess he loves to "tube" as much as his daddy. I'd call that relaxed!

No comments: