Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our Due Date is Here!

Just a few more hours until we become the proud parents of a 16 year old Chinese exchange student! We are picking Harry (and his dad, Johnasen) up from the airport around 3:00. His dad will be leaving in the morning, so he is literally "dropping him off".
I had the funniest Facebook exchange with one of my college friends this morning. She lives in Boulder and told me that one of her husband's coworkers picked up their exchange student this weekend. Their exchange student is from Hong Kong and kept asking, "Where are all the people?" Her host mom pointed out that they passed about 10 cars on I-25, a busy day in Pueblo. When Ayi came to visit us in Houston she asked almost the same thing, except it was, "Where are all the taxis? And where are all the bicycles?" I'm sure Harry will be thinking the same thing coming to live in Durango...population around 15,000, compared to Beijing's 17 million!

No comments: