Saturday, August 15, 2009

Per My Mom's Request

This post isn't up to my usual blog standards, but my mom asked me to update my blog so she'd have something to read tonight...and who am I to upset my mama? So here we go: We went to Jason's company picnic today which had 3 different bouncy castles (big slide, obstacle course, and basic bounce house). At one point the bounce house cleared out, so all the little kids about 2 and under got in. There were probably 5 or 6 little ones in the house including Kyle and Reed. The kids were "jumping" and laughing when all of a sudden the house started to deflate. It took us parents a few seconds to figure out what was going on, and FYI, when those houses start going down, they go down fast! We called for the kids to come to us, and 6 little ones started crawling over (all with big eyes). Jason was able to reach out and grab Reed by the arms, somebody else was able to scoop out Kyle, and I grabbed a little girl just as the top was completely collapsing on the bottom. It was a little scary, but kinda funny too. The generator had gone out, which caused the blower to stop working. Luckily for the kids they had it fixed in about five minutes. Crisis averted. The only other excitement was when JR waddled back to the table with a snowcone (I love snowcones) and the biggest stick of cotton candy I've ever seen in my life. See what I mean...

Reed was too busy eating cotton candy and snowcones in my lap to have his picture made, but Kyle played the part of a true Durangoan and preferred health food to the junk. Jason left the table and Kyle grabbed his watermelon and kept on going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picnic story. And the pictures. I've never seen kids go down in a bouncy castle. MR

Granny S said...

I am with you Kyle, bring on the watermelon.