Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Heart Peeps

Guess what came in the mail yesterday?



When Jason saw the Peeps costumes he gave me "the look".

Me: What?! I don't have any girls.
Jason: They're not dolls, you know.

Yes, I'm aware they aren't dolls, but come on. Who could resist Peeps costumes?!

And with Peeps costumes ready, we had our Easter egg hunt practice after church today.
Practice? you might ask.
Yes, Practice.
My mom has always thought it best to practice Easter egg hunting skills. (Must be a tradition of the German Jew Presbyterians.) So JR has been raised with egg hunt practicing as standard pre-Easter procedure. Today's eggs were empty...just warming up for the real thing.

Unfortunately, It was a little difficult finding hiding places.

First problem: snow (which I did hide a few in)


Then there was the mud


And the non springlike foliage

I also had an experienced egg hunter knocking down Peeps to get to the eggs. During our first practice round he was handicapped with a "have a seat and let them find some". I wised up for the second round and hid "expert level hunter eggs" in the next door neighbors' yard.
Egg Hunters beware. We Ingys are ready. Bring it on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't write for laughing. Nothing says Easter like a Peeps costume and a practice egg hunt. Maw Maw

Lori said...

I didn't even know they made Peeps costumes! Kyle and Reed look adorable!

GS said...

Leave it to you "Mom of the year" to find peeps costumes. I cannot think of any other family that they would fit more appropriately. Durgango, here come the Ingys ready for the Easter egg hunt! (Can't believe I am going to miss it)

Friedt Family said...

Totally adorable costumes!! SOOO love the practice round too, I will start that with Josiah next year:-)

Joseph said...

I WANT ONE!!!! (which probably doesn't help your cause)