Sunday, March 21, 2010

WooHoo! Or was it a YeeHaw?

I had the best night last night! Jason and I went to a fundraiser put on by the Durango Pregnancy Center. It was a fun night with all of our favorites: silent auction, live auction, and my personal fav-costuming. (This is my friend, Shelly, and me modeling our western attire.) I was a little depressed about my western wear as I left the house. As I stood in front of our 17 year-old babysitter and her boyfriend I said, "Whada ya think? Do I look Taylor Swifty?" And the looks on their faces confirmed that, no, they did not think I looked Taylor Swifty. (On the bright side, they did say they thought my boots were cool.)
And although I wasn't passing for Taylor Swift's twin (my brown hair and 8 inches I need to grow come to mind just for starters), the night really began to pick up as I "won" many of the silent auction items. (Jason says I shouldn't use the word "won" since we actually have to buy the items, but the way I see it, I outbid somebody else, so yes, I am the winner. ) Then things got really exciting when Jason "won" a live auction item. I, of course, had to jump up, do a little dance, and woo-hoo (or maybe it was a yee-haw since it was a western night). And as exciting as that was, that still wasn't the best part of the night. A little later I was in the bathroom and heard two girls (sounded high school age) have the following conversation:

Girl A: Ugh. These auctions are so boring.
Girl B: Oh, I know.
Girl A: But did you see that girl that jumped up and cheered when she won. That was funny.
Girl B: Oh I know, that was so cute.

Yes, my friends, these girls called me a "girl"!
Not "lady", not "woman", but girl.

I wanted to burst out of the stall and hug them! But not wanting them to think I had completely lost my mind, I just waited til they left before I came out.

Yep, this girl had the best. night. ever.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Do you remember all those Friday nights we spent at Majors Auction???? Those were intense!!!! Fun memories!

Jan said...

Stacy, I think that's why I love an auction so, it was imprented on us!

Anonymous said...

"Girls" I wish I were at an auction right now! MR

GS said...

Love the duds - and you do show a strong resemblence to Taylor - What does that baby sitter know anyway! Sounds like a fun night.

Stacy said...

I still love auctions too!! We have a live auction to raise money for our high school mission trip every year of baked goods that the men in the church make and donate.....oh my goodness, is it crazy....it is so fun!!! I do think it is woven into our brains now!!