Friday, March 26, 2010

The Definition of Awesome


Awesome*. It's snowing again.

*Awe-some [aw-suh m]
-adjective
and in this context is being used very sarcastically

To get the full meaning of the word "awesome" in this sentence, it might be helpful to replace it with, "Are you kidding me?! I'm totally sick of this mess! Isn't 200 inches (or whatever crazy number we've had) enough? I've got some super cute spring dresses that are dying to make an appearance and with this kind of weather it's just not going to happen."

2 comments:

Stacy said...

When I was on Young Life staff, spending my summers up there, we always had at least one snow on June...just sayin...

GS said...

From the sounds of it, is there only one or two months per year that you could be guaranteed no snow - July and August maybe. Take pleasure in it, I guess, by that time of year it is 100+ degrees in Houston and approaching hurricane season.