Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Rainbow Connection

I know, I know. You're expecting me to change this over to a craftingcheffing blog any day now. But until then, I'll just keep dazzling you with my amazing homemaking skills. Today's feature is once again showcasing my cheffing talents.

I let the kids make the St. Patrick's Day rainbow cupcakes that are supposedly "all over the Internet". (Although, I only saw them one place.)
JR and I actually got the cake batter mixed up without our twin assistants. They were still napping. And would you look at that, I actually planned ahead. I have the extra 4 bowls out ready to mix in the different colors.


By color mixing time, The Babies were up. Reed moved his own stool to his cooking station and got to work. Kyle, like Mommy, needed a minute to wake up, so he was enjoying some juice and a little TV.


Our colors of the rainbow.


As I was taking the cupcakes out of their pans, this one's top fell off. (I wish my muffin top would fall off.) I couldn't believe it! They really do look like rainbows. Gross Play-Doh looking cupcake rainbows, but JR thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen.


Some green food coloring in the frosting container, a couple of stirs by each kid, and we were St. Patrick's day ready.


I'm guessing the more you mutilate the cupcake as you eat it, the better it tastes.


And it just wouldn't be one of my craftychefy blog posts without some sort of injury/kitchen mishap/ruining of the food, but these pretty much went off without a hitch. Of course, not one to disappoint you, I did stain my fingers with food coloring. And Martha would never let that happen.

4 comments:

GS said...

How about that - pretty and tasty all in the same cupcake. That makes everyones St. Patrick's Day a Happy one. BTW, 'ya alls' kitchen skills are starting to scare me - what will the troops come up with next!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Are you patient!!! With 2 yr. old helpers it's a challenge! I remember my twins wanting to "help"!!! Enjoy every minute, those years go by very quickly!!

Anonymous said...

I would be the one having a Dr. Pepper in front of the t.v. with Kyle. YOU get all those cooking genes from John..not me. MR

Friedt Family said...

Wow, impressive!! Those are awesome cupcakes! And I'm impressed that you only stained your fingers with the red....my hands would have looked like the cupcakes, rainbow! My shirt probably wouldn't have survived either:-)