Monday, October 18, 2010

Soooo Close

I almost, almost, almost hit my half marathon goal and finished in "middle place".  I guess I could say I came in middlish place if I really wanted to stretch it. I came in 391 out of 721 females (I'm just leaving the guys out of the equation) with a time of 2:19:22. 

This half was way easier than the first one I did, but I'm not sure which of these major factors played in the most:
1. Was it that this one was at 5,000 ft and the first one was at 10,000 ft
2. Yesterday was absolutely perfect weather, while the other one was in 40 degree rain
3. And, Of course, the lack of mountains, much less a hill, was a huge advantage

Here I am about to leave the hotel for the race.  Reed wouldn't pose with me, he was too busy watching a deer hunting show on TV.  (What can I say, Kyle is mine and Reed is Jason's.)

My starting line self portrait.

My view from the starting line.  This is what it looks like when you're 5'2" in a crowd of 1,300 plus runners.

Here I come! Heading for the finish! 
When I crossed the finish line the announcer said, "Number 1350 is still smiling."

This is the first picture we took after the race, it was everything I could do to hold Kyle.

My parents drove all the way from East Texas to watch me run. By this time, Kyle and Reed were making me hold them both and I thought my legs were about to go out on me.

So we had a seat to take pictures!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations! I'm pretty sure if it was me there would've been no kid holding. At. All. I'd have been on a stretcher.... Good job lady!

Jamie Jo said...

Congrats! That is so awesome! I don't even have the desire to do that! Way to go!!!

leiamarie82 said...

Well done! I looked at that website last night, and I think I'm going to do it. Luckily for me, Monday is a rest day, so I have a whole day to talk myself out of it. =)

Unknown said...

Love it! You're a stud, no matter what altitude you ran at! Proud of you lady!

Jo said...

Congratulations!!!!

Friedt Family said...

Congratulations Jan!!! You are a superwoman!!!

GS said...

Job well done - Congratulations!

Sara said...

Well done, you give me motivation to get off the couch.