Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It'll be a Bloody Good Time

Although JR and I do share lots of the same qualities, (flair for the dramatics, anyone?) unlike me, he could seriously care less about what goes on his body. Knowing it was picture day today he asked me what he had to wear.  The tone in his voice was as if I was going to make him the holy martyr of St. Tuxedo. 

And of course, seconds after getting dressed, I noticed his nose started bleeding. (JR has terrible nose bleeds during the fall and winter here.  He often comes home from school looking like Sissy Spacek in Carrie.) I had tissues in his hands immediately, but he was still able to get blood smeared across his forehead.  
I started imagining JR's 2nd grade picture with him wearing a shirt that looked like he'd used it to clean up a blood-bath.  (Which would actually be fairly accurate since he seems to think his shirts make better tissues than, well, tissues.)

I packed another shirt in his bag this morning and gave him precise instructions that if he gets blood on his shirt before pictures to change shirts.  His main concern? Could he change shirts after pictures even if he didn't get blood on it...because how dare I make him be so dressed up in a *sigh* collared shirt all day.

So what's my bet on what his school picture will look like?

He'll be wearing the extra t-shirt, and it'll be covered in blood. 

Along with dried blood smeared all over his face. 

Last year he was missing an arm, and this year he'll be bloody. You'd think the child went to Horror High!

4 comments:

leiamarie82 said...

Will has to wear a uniform this year, and he informed me on the first day of school that "T-shirts are COOL, and collared shirts are HANDSOME." (He gets to wear a t-shirt on Tue/Thu because they're PE days, so it works out.

GS said...

Hang in there, I foresee worse before better.

Joseph said...

Even though I was raised southern baptist, St. Tuxedo was always my favorite church figure. Well, him and Our Lady of Gold Lamé

Shelly said...

Look at it this way... If he ever starts CARING what he wears to school, you'll know to start digging through his backpack to find out who she is. Not that we'd ever snoop on our kids.