Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cupcakes of Doom: The Final Chapter

Well it turns out JR did win a prize (actually some really nice prizes) for the cupcakes.  (You know the ones...the worst tasting cupcakes ever.)

I got an email this week that JR should come to the Area Builders Association dinner meeting (the sponsors of the Cupcake Wars to promote the Parade of Homes) at the Strater Hotel Theater to receive his award. (If you've ever been to Durango, then you know the Strater is basically one of the fanciest places we have.)

I was getting more and more nervous about revealing myself in public in relation to these cupcakes. (Especially at a big meeting at the schmancy Strater.) But I figured, ohhh surely they won't remember JR's cupcakes.

I was wrong.

The MC of the evening had actually been one of the cupcake judges, but she wasn't saying anything about any of the other winners. She was strictly calling out names and prizes. (At this point I was still holding on to hope and a shred of dignity.)

Now, you know I love a good embellishment of a story if it needs a little spicing up, but I promise you...this is exactly what she said:

And our winner for Most Creative Cupcake is... JR Ingersoll
(JR walks forward)
Now let me tell you something about JR's cupcakes.  They were baked inside ice cream cones, and each one had a little surprise inside for us (a mini MilkyWay).
I'm telling you, his cupcakes were really something......
(super long pause)
......interesting.

And there you have it.  The word "interesting" confirms that these poor people were very aware that they had tasted the worst cupcakes ever.

But JR, being JR (and exactly like me), was thrilled with his win.  He was telling anybody who would listen how he plans to be a chef and open a restaurant that only serves meat and desserts. (Because why would anybody want to eat a disgusting fruit or vegetable?)  And how he has big plans to enter the gingerbread house contest that is supposedly taking place in November.  Awe-some.

But seriously, this is one happy kid. 


Oh, and as for prizes, he won a free movie ticket (score!) and a gift certificate to the local candy store. Pretty sweet! (Yes, JD, I went there with the pun.)

2 comments:

Joseph said...

lol, when did i become part of the pun police?! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations JR! aspiring chef--what will you prepare for Thanksgiving?
Lu