Tuesday, October 5, 2010

One Pic Vacay

Jason and I got home from Santa Fe today.  That's right, we went without the kids. 
So what did we do?
Well, I think we enjoyed sleeping in the most. (We slept til 8:55 Saturday morning!  We haven't slept that late in 7 years.) 
We ate a lot, (I told Jason on the way home that I was "actually tired of eating".) and spent way too much time giggling over the name of The La Fonda hotel.  And because we are so mature, we, of course, worked the word "La Fonda" into as many sentences as possible.  How could we ignore the fact Napoleon Dynamite's girlfriend and a famous Santa Fe hotel share a name? We couldn't. (And, yes, I know her name is spelled "Lafawnduh" in the movie, but spelling certainly wasn't enough to deter our laughter.)
And since I didn't have my usual models with me, I took exactly one picture with my camera during our trip.  Everybody told me I had to go to the Loretto Chapel to see the staircase.  Well, I did, (Jason was too busy playing golf to go check out famous staircases) and here's the proof.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

i have that exact staircase in my apt! what are the odds?

Unknown said...

A vacay without the kiddos! Nice work mama!