Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

So guess what the boys in my life got me for Mother's Day? (Hint, Check out my feet.) And if you're looking at the picture...Yes, my face is sunburned. Um, seems I've learned another "great" thing about high altitude: you're closer to the sun, so you burn easier. Great, just what my milk-toast skin needs. But on with my present...these aren't just any old Nike's. My husband had them customized for me. He got on the Internet and picked out the type, colors (pink, hot pink, and purple), and even had my "name" put on the sides. He said it took the shoes about 6 weeks to get here (which means a lot of thought went into this)! Here they are close up so you can check them out (in the picture the purple looks blueish).

But the presents didn't end there. JR wanted to cook dinner for me, and with Granny Sherry's help, "he" made a very nice and yummy dinner. He even touched both fruits and vegetables in his food preparations. I know! It's a miracle! And for dessert we had a Blizzard cake. Delish! Here I am with all my boys on Mother's Day. (As you can see the babies were quite upset because they thought I was taking them away from the cake. You can see Kyle is even trying to reach for it!) And a big Happy Mother's Day to my own mama! I learned the art of being fun and fabulous from the absolute best!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Cute shoes and cute pictures. Thanks for the compliment and my Mother's Day present. MR

Lori Anderson said...

Love the shoes! You have a sweet and thoughtful husband. And yes, I can tell from your posts that you are a fun and fabulous mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day to you! Joy and happiness radiates from your smile....you are blessed! Love ya...Lu

Marcia said...

LOVE the shoes!!! They are so mayjah ;oP