Thursday, May 21, 2009

Popsicles and Problems

I meant to get this up yesterday, but I've been having technical difficulties. I took popsicles to JR's class to celebrate his "unbirthday" (as they call it when it's not your actual birthday). I was about half way to his school when I realized I had forgotten my camera. In the hullabaloo that was loading the stroller and babies in the car, keeping Hunter out of the car, and filling up a cooler with ice so the popsicles didn't melt by the time I got there, it somehow slipped my mind to grab the camera. So I took pictures with my camera phone, but for some reason they won't email. I was able to upload them to Facebook and then copy them from there, but now the quality is pitiful (not that you care unless you're a grandmother). But what I am excited about: check out the two kids in the background of the picture. Looks like they're both picking their nose! So glad it's not just my child. Anyway, I felt like a total rock star in JR's class yesterday. I guess when I need my ego stroked I should just go hang out with the K's. Half the class ran up and gave me a big hug. I guess they were thinking, "Dude, here's the lady that had the bouncy castle and pinata, let's be nice to her!" Then they started begging me to stay and watch them do Show-and-Tell. Yeah for JR's mom! But yes, JR's popsicles were a big hit, and hopefully I can get a better copy of this picture of the class, cause it's actually really cute.

3 comments:

Granny S said...

What a relief - our 'Mayn' Man is not a social outcast by his little agrivating habits - rather he is just doing the "in" thing! Cute pictures and again you do know how to throw a really great party. JR will be celebrating for a solid two weeks.

Anonymous said...

Popsicles and last week of school. Nothing better. MR

Anonymous said...

I know JR was proud to have the Coolest Mom in Kindergarten!
Now summer offically begins (at least in Colorado, in Texas we have 2 more weeks of school!).
Lu