Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just Like Us

I just got back from JR's school where we had "student led conferences". Here he is showing me how to build a block pattern. The conference I had with him was cute, but that's not today's story. Today's story happened just before our conference started. Now, Jason and I are both pretty good at thinking on our feet. We can pretty much talk ourselves into or out-of any situation, and if we need to make up a quick story that "may or may not" have actually happened, we're both pretty good at that too. So today, I was happy to see that JR has also picked up on that personality trait. When I got to JR's classroom he had just finished writing in his journal and was waiting for his teacher to give it the okay. After she looked at his journal she said, "And how do you recycle, JR?" I started thinking to myself, "Poor thing, what's he going to say? He'll probably say he recycles his Sunny D bottle." Without skipping a beat JR says, "I compost." It was everything I could do not to bust out laughing and blow his whole story. Ingersolls composting?! Jason probably doesn't even know what the word 'compost' means. Ahhh, JR, I love it; he's so our child

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This quick thinking student deserves an A+. Maw-Maw