Monday, May 18, 2009

More Excitement

What's almost as exciting as a 6th birthday party? Answer: Loosing your first tooth. I heard quite the commotion coming from the bathroom as JR brushed his teeth tonight. I've been telling Jason to leave JR's tooth alone and let it fall out, but Jason insists the tooth was sticking straight out. In actuality, it probably was. There was little to no dramatics on JR's part, so I'm guessing it wasn't much of a pull on Jason's part. JR is super excited about the situation, but poor thing can't even enjoy having a space in his mouth. As you can see, his adult tooth is already growing in (which was quite a sight with the baby tooth in front of it).
I guess today is teeth loss day. Hunter went to the vet this morning to get his teeth cleaned and they called me this afternoon to tell me they had to pull 10 of them. My response: "Oh my goodness! Does he have any left?!" Now, I'm not the mathematician in the family, but by my calculations that's 11 Ingy teeth in one day...Whew! And with that said, I guess I better go do my Tooth Fairy duties....Humm, I wonder if I have a costume for that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a tooth worth these days? It used to be one thin dime when I was little. You DO have a fairy costume and crown in the costume closet. I hope you have the tooth pillow that Pam Pam made you. Maw-Maw

Granny S said...

I feel certain that if you dig far enough into your costume closet, you will find something that will suit the "Tooth Fairy" very well and you will be the best lookin' tooth fairy in all of CO. BTW - what is a tooth bringing in these days - it would be my guess that the days of 25cents a tooth are long gone. WOW, that means Hunts brought in quite a load last night!

Jan said...

JR used the tooth pillow that Pam Pam made me, and although I didn't get "fairy-ed up", I almost woke him up trying to get that little pillow out from underneath his regular pillow. Tooth Fairy left him a dollar, which I thought was plenty, but he was quite upset he only got "one money". I reminded him that $1.00 was worth the same as 100 pennies, and that seemed to pacify him...Until we got to the bus stop and a little girl told him she'd lost a tooth yesterday and the Tooth Fairy brought her $5! Thinking fast, I told him you get more money for bigger teeth!

Granny S said...

Great answere - You are a quick thinker and well you must be to stay on top of the wheels in that childs mind.

Allison said...

$1!!!! $5!!!!! ????? Wow!!! Totally beats the ten cents I would get for a tooth that size. Man, inflation!

I'm sure there's a costume out there you could wear but it might not be child appropriate! hahahaha