Friday, May 1, 2009

We're Expecting!

This has been in the works for awhile now, but today I can officially announce that we're expecting! Can you believe I'll be adding another boy to my already male dominated household? That's right. Come August we'll be the proud parents of a high school Chinese exchange student. (Did I have you going there? Even just for a second?) It's actually a really cool deal because we already know who we will be hosting. His name is Harry (he named himself after Harry Potter) and he is the son of Johnasen, who was Jason's main salesman in China. I've known Johnasen since the second I stepped off the plane in Beijing, and we never would have made it through the first 3 months without him. We think this will be an exciting experience for us all, and are really looking forward to next school year. I only have one picture of Harry and it's from 2005 when we went to the Snow and Ice Festival in Harbin. (back, middle in the bright blue coat) And yes, we were freezing. And yes, that's JR and he was asleep. That child could/can sleep anywhere...unlike his 2 brothers!

3 comments:

Granny S said...

You had me going and I already knew the story - the words wanting to come out of my mouth were "I told you so - I told you it would happen".
That is really exciting news for the young man and for you all.

Anonymous said...

If I hadn't talked to you earlier today I think that quote would have stopped my heart. Looking forward to introducing Harry to Texas. MR

Friedt Family said...

Yep, you had me going too:-)