Sunday, May 17, 2009

Party, Party!

We had JR's 6th birthday party today and it was quite a success. Being that JR's still the new kid, I was a bit worried that he wouldn't have much of a turnout, but with 14 kids at his party, I'd say that's a turnout! We rented the clubhouse in our neighborhood, which is some of the best money we ever spent. Other well spent money: the bouncy castle. In Houston the bouncy castles don't get much of a work-out. It's just so hot that the kids bounce 2 minutes and then their done. Well, here in "perfect weather now that it's finally spring land" that's not the case. The kids would have been happy to bounce for the whole 2 hours. I had plenty of games planned that we never played (limbo and musical chairs need not apply when there's a bouncy castle) and I actually had to go get 3 boys out of it AFTER they'd been told it was time for cake and ice cream. I said, "He guys, It's time for cake and ice cream!" And they said, "That's okay, we don't want any, we want to stay here." Um, who turns down cake and ice cream? Not this Texan! I made a deal with them that if they'd come sing Happy Birthday they could go right back and bounce. We wrapped up the party with a pinata, which will get kids out of a bouncy castle and was a really big hit (literally). I had to laugh when one of JR's friends told me he was "so good at pinatas because [he's] a German Mexican". Maybe he should meet my mom the German Jew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a party. Thank goodness for cool weather and bouncy castles. MR

Granny S said...

You can tell by the red faces that the bouncy castle has had a work out - it appears that all have had a good time - a couple of the little girls are kinda lookin' at the rest of the group as if to say - "if this is the whole boy thing, I'm not interested". Big success for a party JR! I can't get the video to play, it won't download for me - I'll try from home.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for bouncy castles. They take the work out of children's parties! I can tell from the video that the party was a huge success!
Lu