Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Coat that's SNOW Fabulous!

I'm going to take a minute and apologise upfront for the future bombardment of snow pictures you're going to have to endure this winter. I think the snow is just beautiful, so I'll be forcing my family to pose and smile many more times this year (JR refused to pose and smile this morning, but was happy to play photographer.)
And since the ground was covered in snow, it was totally appropriate for Jason and me to wear our new pea coats (as seen here) to church this morning. Now I must admit, I was a tad concerned when I got a call a month or so ago from Jason. He was in Denver, and as we neared the end of our conversation he said. "Oh, I bought a new coat." I usually don't have to worry about Jason shopping alone since he doesn't like to shop.
Me: Really? Where you'd get it?
Jason: I bought it in the airport.
Great. Jason is notorious for airport shopping. But luckily he tends to gravitate to the Johnson and Murphy store, so I was hoping this was one of those cases.
Me: Oh, another airport purchase. Where?
Jason: I got it at Johnson and Murphy. Don't worry, Leroy told me it looks good.
Are you kidding me? I'm not supposed to worry because Leroy said it looked good?! Leroy whose originally from Nebraska, used to be in the military, and likes to fish and chop wood in his spare time...
Me: "Oh yeah, I certainly won't worry since Leroy said it looked good. In fact, I'm sure Leroy's getting his Project Runway portfolio pulled together as we speak."
Now had Jason called me and said, "Don't worry, JD told me it looks good." (as in my friend JD) I'd have been totally fine with that. I have no problem with Jason taking fashion advice from an opera singer (in fact, I'd encourage it), but I was a bit nervous to see what Jason and Leroy had decided looked good. But as you can see, Leroy and Jason actually did a great job. They picked out a beautiful pea coat. So beautiful, in fact, that I decided I needed my own pea coat! So, Leroy, You did a great job. Love the coat...it's fabulous!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. MR

kyle and robin said...

my favorite part is that you and jason are bundled up in wool pea coats and snow boots and kyle & reed are without shoes or jackets...too funny!

Jan said...

Robin, I know! I jerked them out of the warm car for the picture ;-)

GS said...

Love the new coats amd the snow, keep the snow pictures coming.

Joseph said...

it IS fabulous!

Miss. Jinny said...

Good job Jason! :) The coat looks great! :) Just wait till the real snow falls! :)