Thursday, November 19, 2009

Was Wendy on the Mayflower?

If you know my mom, then you know she doesn't care for Thanksgiving food. She starts in around September letting everyone know she's "not a turkey and dressin' fan". She even has a turned-up, wincey face she makes so you know she's serious about her distaste. And so it seems our favorite picky eater, JR, has inherited the "Non Fan of Thanksgiving Food Gene". JR eats exactly two things at Thanksgiving dinner: corn and Cousin Caleb's reindeer cookies. (And in case your wondering, the rest of us all eat and love traditional Thanksgiving yummys.) With the big day being right around the corner, JR's school had their Thanksgiving lunch in the cafeteria today, and of course, the parents were encouraged to come and eat with their child. I figured there was about a 50% chance that corn would be on the menu, but I was quite certain Cousin Caleb's reindeer cookies would be nowhere to be found. So what did I do?

I brought in Wendy's.

Now, the way I see it, I'm either:
A. A fun and fabulous mom.
B. A total enabler to my son's picking eating.
C. Completely given up in the food department and decided to blame "Nature" over "Nurture"
or
D. Have eaten enough school cafeteria food to know it can't even pretend to compete with Wendy's.

Answer: I'm going with "all of the above".

So here's the Ingy version of a Thanksgiving school lunch. (My mom will be so proud.) Except there were no costumes, in a true Ingy version there would be Indian headdresses and Pilgrim bonnets at a minimum. But you can see JR's super cool "woven" placemat he made for the occasion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like JR loved your Wendy's lunch. You know most kids don't care too much for all the traditional stuff. I had forgotten about Caleb's reindeer cookies--guess we better make those again this year so JR will have something to eat other than corn.
Y'all have a safe trip home to Texas. See you next Thursday.
Lu

Anonymous said...

You're right. I would be sitting with the Ingy boys eating my Wendy burger. Maw Maw