Monday, November 2, 2009

That's the Way it Should Be

I'm knee deep in Christmas trees, and I promise to have a post about my decorating progress tomorrow. But before we can jump on over to Christmas decor, I need to wrap up Halloween. Here's how I found JR yesterday morning. Check out the candy on the table. I said, "JR, I see you've got your candy all organized."
JR: I graphed it.
My stomach started knotting up at this point...There was "real life" math going on at my kitchen table! (Because if it involves candy, that certainly qualifies as real world application.) About that time Jason walked in.
Me: He's just like you. Look what your child has done with his Halloween candy.
Jason: That's the way it should be.

4 comments:

kyle and robin said...

as a teacher I would like to say YIPPEE!!!!! that is so awesome :)

GS said...

If you click on the picture, you can see the pride on his face that stems from this great accomplishment. Graphed it? How great is that - You are raising a math genius!

Anonymous said...

that is so Jason-like! Can't think of a better graph than one with real candy!
Lu

Mark Jones said...

I see absolutely nothing strange about this. ;)