Wednesday, January 13, 2010

45 Minutes of Fun

You'll remember a while back when I wrote to you from one of the coffee shops in town. I was so excited because I had a babysitter coming every Monday. Yeah, well, the babysitter left for a two week vacation the next week, then got a full-time job. So my free morning was a one-shot deal. I still haven't been able to find a daytime, weekday babysitter, so you can imagine my excitement when I showed up at the Children's Museum fully expecting a Mommy and Me type class and found it was a drop-off class. The other moms and I stood there saying, "You mean, we can leave? Are you sure? Really?"
I was so excited. 45 minutes all to myself!
I couldn't wait to shop in all the neat decorative stores here on Main Street that I never get to go in because:
A. our double stroller won't fit in these stores since they're so loaded down with fabulousnesses
and
B. I could never afford to pay for all the breakages of said fabulousnesses if I was to let the babies go in without being strapped down in a stroller.
So off I headed down Main Street, ready to shop. And then, just like that, my excitement was again gone. Seems everything here in Durango opens at 10 AM. And the babies class? Yep, it's over at 9:45.
Today was our second week of class. I did a little window shopping (since that's still as close as I can get) and the babies had a great time. So great, in fact, that Reed screamed "Mine! Mine!" the whole time I was making them leave. (I'm assuming the 'Mine' was as in: "That's my class and I don't want to leave!") I finally got them both in the car and made the mistake of buckling Kyle in first. Reed took this as his opportunity to leap from his car seat to the driver's seat. I guess he figured he'd make a break for it and drive us back inside the building! Apparently attempted kidnapping/grand theft auto means Reed really likes the class.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

give me a couple of months and i'll have ALLLL the time in the world to watch the kids while you shop

Anonymous said...

Who knew Reed could fly through the air like that? MR