Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Winner, Winner, Mexican Dinner!

What's more fun than decorating 4th of July "floats"?
Um, pretty much nothing!
I even used the glue gun without inflicting injuries requiring a trip to the burn unit!

And yeah, after I finished the bike, I decided a decorated helmet was in order too.

Thankfully the Big Wheel is bigger than the Strider bike. 
More room for fabulousness!

Reed wanted to wear a fireman's hat I found in a closet. 
And like everything else in this house, it's vintage.
It's dated 1975.

 There's no way something that old could be mine!

My little fire crackers.

JR wanted to drive "his truck" in the parade, and since we had to get it there on a trailer, there was no way to decorate ahead of time.
Jason, JR, my dad, and I slapped on the decor.
(Although JR was very serious about his decorating. 
What can I say, he's been raised by a mother who decorates 11 Christmas trees every year!)

I even commented, "If they had an award for gaudiest, we'd be sure to win".

But I guess "gaudiest" is code for 3rd place!
Woohoo!
JR couldn't have been more excited!

And how do you celebrate a 3rd place victory in the Crockett 4th of July parade?
With Mexican food at El Charro, of course!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate that I missed your fabulousness! It is hard to believe there were 2 entries that out did that! I know fun was had by all.
Love ya....Lu

Angie Vik said...

Thinking your boys are blessed to have such a fun Momma.